Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Quotes from the man himself.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bonvell97th
Captain
Captain

Quotes from the man himself. Empty
PostSubject: Quotes from the man himself.   Quotes from the man himself. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 4:32 pm

As the 97th Infantry Division was celebrating after its victory in Europe, General Hasley, the Commander of 97th Infantry Division, gave a speech. Here are some remarkable quotes.

"It is with a very real sense of pride and joy, and deepest sincerity, that I, as commander of the 97th Trident Division, congratulate you, the men of this organization, for your loyalty, courage, initiative and determination in combat. Your accomplishments and your high standards are a credit to yourselves and to your organization. "

"You, as members of the division, can look back for many years and say, "The Trident was on the march when the bell rang.""

"What lies ahead for the wearers of the Trident, I cannot say, but the Trident Division will be at the right place, at the right time, and with a military record that justifies the pride and loyalty of all its members."

The concerted drives of the 97th Division never faltered. While much of your work was spectacular, let me record here that the principal measure of success is attributable to the workmanship and the professional approach by all ranks to the varied tasks assigned them. As Commander of this Division, I congratulate you for the magnificent job you performed in the Battle of the Ruhr Pocket and repeated in the Czechoslovakian campaign.

The 97th Infantry Division will be ready for its next task. My confidence in the wearers of the Trident, being well founded, is unlimited.

M. B. Halsey
Brigadier General, Commanding
Back to top Go down

Quotes from the man himself.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Civilian Headquarters :: 97th History-
Jump to: