Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tallyn's Goodbye

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tallyn97th
Honorable Discharge

Tallyn's Goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Tallyn's Goodbye   Tallyn's Goodbye I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 9:42 pm

I copied this from the meeting, so to remember me by. Hopefully this one won't get deleted... eh Rosen? Very Happy Very Happy

i joined the 97th in the middle of June of 2008. I had only just started to play Day of Defeat again because i got tired of playing counter strike: source. After a few days i was asked by a member of the 97th Infantry Division to join a realism unit. At first, i had no clue what realism was or meant, but the 97th helped me out instead of just throwing me out and labling me as a "noob". From that day in June, i was active in the unit almost everyday. As time progressed, things changed, and before i knew it... i was an admin in the 97th ID. IT was about this time that i learned my true skills as a Day of Defeat player. I learned to use a bazooka, not because i was an accurate shot (because i wasnt, thats y i never used a garand with efficiency), but because instead i aquire something different; Patience. The key to using a bazooka is not just shooting a ceilings or hiding behind corners (although that helps), its being patient... letting your enemies fall into your trap. When i became a first Lieutienant in the 97th, i used this skill called patience to be an active leader, as well as a unit cartographer. Its patience that makes a good soldier, and its patience that makes a good unit. Dispite the fact that i had much patience, there is a time where everyone will leave. For some, its sooner. For others its later. I chose that the time for me is now, but there will be a time in the near future where our paths will cross. There are many good people still left in this unit... listen to their wisdom and experience. Id like to thank those of you that made this unit what it is... those of you know who you are. As this is the end, it is also the beginnning. The beginning of the new 97th. I only wish that you remember me, as much as i will remember you. I'd like to say goodbye to the great times, the fond memories, and the many friends that i made while enlisted in this unit. Thanks to all of you. ------------------------------------ Zook' ya later! -Tallyn
Back to top Go down
Hartfeil97th
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Hartfeil97th

Tallyn's Goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tallyn's Goodbye   Tallyn's Goodbye I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 9:50 pm

*Salute*
Back to top Go down

Tallyn's Goodbye
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: 97th Headquarters :: Discharge-
Jump to: